Couple die from carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in the car while the engine was running
Posted 2/3/2014 12:19:00 PM

A couple have died from carbon monoxide  poisoning after being overcome by the fumes while having sex in a car with the  engine running.

Keith Payton and  Salina Johnson, both 40, of Pennsylvania, were already dead when emergency  services found them inside the vehicle in a garage.

The ignition was still on but the car had run  out of fuel. Extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were detected.

 
 

Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found  in the car, according to Old Lycoming  Township police.

A kerosene heater also was on but it had also  run out of fuel.

The couple, of Allenwood  and Williamsport, were pronounced dead at  10.45 p.m. Friday, but police said they had died sometime earlier.

 

But it is thought the pair may have driven  into the garage the previous evening.

Coroner Charles Kiessling was called to the  scene inside a garage on Blooming Grove Road.

He says blood tests show 'extremely elevated'  levels of carbon monoxide in the victims' bodies, according to PA Homepage.

The two were discovered by an family friend  sent by Payton’s brother, who leased the garage, to look for Payton, police  said.

It is understood Mr Payton had gone to the  garage to drop off something for his brother on Thursday.

This tragedy bears similarities with an  incident last month in which a young couple are believed to have died of carbon  monoxide poisoning after parking their car in a garage for some 'hanky  panky'.

Read more

Posted By: Producer Thomas  
  • 0
Comments are closed.
- advertisement -
- advertisement -
- advertisement -