Cigarette Causes 2-Alarm Apartment Fire

A cigarette causes a 2-alarm apartment fire in South Austin Saturday morning that displaced 11 residents.

The fire started at the River Crossing townhomes at 1828 River Crossing Circle off of Riverside in South Austin. Austin Fire got the call about 7:15 a.m. The fire was quickly upgraded to a second alarm.

The cause of the fire was an improperly discarded cigarette on a second floor balcony. Winds blew the cigarette against the building, catching the wall on fire.

At least four units in the complex were affected by the fire. The Red Cross is helping the residents displaced by the fire.

The Austin Fire Department wishes to remind everyone to be particularly cautious during Saturday's dry and windy conditions.

 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel
blog comments powered by Disqus
- advertisement -

- advertisement -
- advertisement -