Texan to enter plea in attack on elderly man
Associated Press
1/30/2014

HOUSTON (AP) - A white Houston-area man accused of sucker punching an elderly black man returns to a Houston federal courtroom to enter a plea on a federal hate crime charge.

Investigators say Conrad Alvin Barrett broke the 79-year-old victim's jaw in two places in a Nov. 24 attack in the Houston suburb of Katy. They say he laughed and shouted "knockout" as the man fell to the ground.

Investigators say Barrett video recorded the attack on his cellphone and shared the recording.

Barrett was arrested Dec. 26 and indicted last week. He remains in custody.

Barrett's attorney, George Parnham, has said the 27-year-old would plead not guilty during Thursday's arraignment hearing. Parnham says Barrett has a bipolar disorder and was off his medication when the attack happened.


 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel
 
blog comments powered by Disqus
- advertisement -
- advertisement -
- advertisement -