6 hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning
Associated Press
2/10/2014

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Six people have been hospitalized in San Antonio due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

San Antonio Fire Department Battalion Chief Jonathan Jones told the San Antonio Express-News (http://bit.ly/1gikN8u ) that three people were transported to the hospital, one with life-threatening injuries, on Saturday evening.

Three others had admitted themselves complaining of flu-like symptoms. When doctors determined it was carbon monoxide they alerted the fire department.

Jones said the gas had been released by burning insulation on a water heater in the building. In total, 16 units were evacuated.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless and can lead to death by suffocation.


 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel
 
blog comments powered by Disqus
- advertisement -
- advertisement -
- advertisement -