Man burned in fire at North Texas house dies
Associated Press
2/13/2014

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Officials say a man critically burned after lighting a cigarette in a North Texas house that filled with gas as it was being heated with a kitchen stove has died.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports 57-year-old Edward Able, who had second- and third-degree burns, died Wednesday at a Dallas hospital. He was injured in the fire Sunday night at a home in Sansom Park, located just northwest of Fort Worth.

Police Chief Randy Driver has said the home was being heated with a kitchen stove. He has it said appears that when the flame went out, the gas went up through a vent that didn't go outside but went into the attic.

Driver has said Able was burned when he lit a cigarette that ignited the fumes.


 «  Return to previous page
 »  Send to a friend
Subscribe to channel
 
blog comments powered by Disqus
- advertisement -
- advertisement -
- advertisement -