The Jeff and Ed Show
Pentagon says Trump ordered Washington military parade
Feb. 07, 2018
- President Trump wants to put the military on display in a grand parade at some point this year and has asked the Pentagon to make it happen.
- The Washington Post, which was first to report the plan, said Trump wants an elaborate parade this year with soldiers marching and tanks rolling. Military leaders are looking at potential dates.
- White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed the request Tuesday evening. She said Trump wants the Pentagon to "explore a celebration" that will allow Americans to show appreciation for the military.
- Given the economic issues facing our military today, is this the best use of military spending? Is this a parade for our military or a parade for the President?
- Trump has hinted in the past about wanting such a military parade after seeing France's Bastille Day Parade in 2017.