The Todd and Don Blog
Ban the Box, Jeff Session, SXSW and Video Games & Violence | March 8th, 2018
Hour one of the Todd and Don Show:
• Mayor Pro Tem, Kathie Tovo, is putting out a resolution - A Right to Return Policy, similar to one in Portland, Oregon, to help buy homes for people who have generational roots in Austin and have been pushed out of neighborhoods due to gentrification
• The American Government is concerned as the Chinese company Huawei could have 5G before America
• Todd & Don discuss International Women’s Day
• Attorney General Jeff Sessions took his war against sanctuary cities to California announcing a federal lawsuit against the state and attacking its elected officials as "radical extremists"
Hour two of the Todd and Don Show:
• With 15 Austin police officers put on administrative leave following officer-involved shootings, some are concerned about resources being stretched as South by Southwest approaches.
• The “Ban the Box” ordinance prohibits private employers with 15 or more employees from asking candidates about their criminal records until they’ve reached the final phase of hiring and been extended a conditional job offer. Since 2016, only 5 complaints have been filed and have not been investigated.
• President Trump to meet with Video Game executives to talk about video game violence and its link to real violence
• Unprompted, creepy laughter from Alexa is freaking out Echo users
Hour three of the Todd and Don Show:
•Stormy Daniels wants to speak out and to be released from non-disclosure agreements. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders says the White House was not aware and allegations are not true.
• Baltimore mayor pledges to send 3,000 students to anti-gun violence march
• Two Florida SWAT officers suspended for responding to Parkland shooting