The Todd and Don Blog
Starbucks 911 Call Released, Highway 620 Issues, and Southwest Airlines Emergency Landing | April 18, 2018
Hour one of the Todd and Don Show:
• A new study says that Public Defense Attorneys in Travis County have almost an 80% failure rate for those facing drug charges
• VIRAL VIDEO: Cedar Park Officer Jacqueline Quiles knocked down a door in a burning apartment and officers and emergency responders were able to save a man’s life.
• The 911 call from the Starbucks incident in Philly has been released. Starbucks will temporarily shut down 8,000 stores next month to require sensitivity training for its employees.
• COA offered a tax break to the Domain but some City Council Members do not want to pay. They say because there is not enough affordable housing.
Hour two of the Todd and Don Show:
• Highway 620 is always backed up with traffic. People are asking for a solution to be made. Jimmy Flannigan and Brigid Shea say they have not heard a need to fix 620
• TECH NEWS: Cambridge Analytica may have used way more data than what was named in the Facebook scandal
-Tesla is switching to 24/7 shifts to meet a big demand of 6,000 Model 3s a week.
• Mike Pompeo secretly met with Kim Jong Un during the Easter weekend
Hour three of the Todd and Don Show:
• Todd and Mark discuss the heroic efforts of the pilot of the Southwest Airlines plane that had an emergency landing in Philadelphia
• Morgan Briscoe (President of the West Austin Chamber of Commerce, Citizens for Safe 620) calls in to discuss the issues surrounding highway 620 and funding
• Drivers in Seattle on I-5 saw a digital sign that said “U Suck” which was later attributed to a training error