The Todd and Don Blog
TxDOT Waiving Fees, Log Cabin Republicans Denied and Digital Wallets for the Homeless | April 19, 2018
Hour one of the Todd and Don Show:
• TECH NEWS: NASA sent a planet hunting satellite aboard the Falcon 9 rocket built by Space X
- Amazon and Best Buy will be working together to sell smart TVs with the Amazon Fire TV operating system
- The government continues to argue that AT&T and Time Warner should not merge
• TxDOT says if you have late fees from tolls before March 1st, you do not have to pay. However, if you have paid late fees before March 1st, you will not be reimbursed.
• Tomorrow, students will participate in a walkout to protest violence in schools and the lack of new legislation on gun control. AISD is saying they don’t have the resources to protect the students who walk out.
• The FAA is requiring inspections on fan blades in engines like the one in the Southwest Airlines incident
Hour two of the Todd and Don Show:
• The two men arrested at a Starbucks in Philly speak out on Good Morning America
• The Texas Republican Party is blocking the Log Cabin Republicans from their convention
• Las Vegas has a theme park called Battlefield Vegas that has a military theme
•The Cambria Cave collapse has affected a local man as his home, which is close to the cave, has seen an increase in property value from the recent appraisals
Hour three of the Todd and Don Show:
• Austin is participating in the Bloomberg Mayor’s Challenge which would give a Digital Wallet for homeless people.
• Austin Cannabis Entrepreneur (A.C.E.) is holding a conference to discuss entrepreneurial opportunities in Austin.
• Signs have popped up that say the city wants to change Robert E. Lee Rd to Harriet Tubman