Austin Local News
San Marcos road projects slowing down traffic
Loop 82/Aquarena Springs: A daytime west bound right lane closure will be in effect on July 17 – 19 for curb and gutter construction, TXDOT, 512.284.1683.
316 EDWARD GARY (ALLEY): A complete road closure until July 28 will be in effect for the alley behind 316 Edward Gary between Hutchison and University Drive due to water/street maintenance issues. City of San Marcos Streets Dept., 512.393.8025
242 N LBJ (ALLEY): A periodical alley closure on July 17 – 19 will be in effect for the alley behind 242 N LBJ between Hutchison and Hopkins due to parking lot resurfacing. Jim Edge, 512.757.7437
DALE ST: A mill and overlay project will begin on Dale St from Stokes to Perkins St. on July 11 – Aug. 11, weather permitting. This is not a road closure but a notice to be aware of the construction zone and obey traffic control flaggers. Please park your vehicle off the street or it may be towed at your expense. City of San Marcos Street Dept., 512.393.8025
Luciano Flores Blvd: A complete road closure will be in effect on Luciano Flores Blvd from Durango St. to Tampico St. on July 11 – 24, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for utility installation. Rockin Q Construction, 512.738.6666.
Cheatham St.: an westbound lane closure with flagger control on 701 Cheatham St. west of Riverside Dr. will be in effect on July 18 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for fire line work, Winston Construction Inc, 512.845.9908
Durango Street: A complete road closure will be in effect on Durango St. from Staples Rd. to Juarez St. on July 17 – 28, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for utility installation. Rockin Q Construction, 512.738.6666.
W WOODS/N COMANCHE ST: Woods Street between Comanche Street and Talbot Street, as well as Woods Street between N. Guadalupe Street and N. LBJ Drive will be closed for underground utility work that will serve the new Engineering and Science Building. Both segments will reopen on Friday, Aug. 18, 2017. During this closure, the Bus Stop at UAC has been temporarily relocated to the intersection of Concho Street and N. LBJ Drive. Texas State University, 512.245.2202
300 E Hutchison St.: The parking area on south side of the street from Edward Gary to the east side alley will be closed for maintenance/construction until July 18 from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily, weather permitting. Joey Barbeauld, EMJ, 423.240.4738
N EDWARD GARY ST: Northbound lane from Hutchison to Hopkins will be closed for maintenance/construction for a new parking area until July 18 from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily, weather permitting. Joey Barbeauld, EMJ, 423.240.4738
COMANCHE ST: the south bound lane of Comanche Street from Lindsey Street to Alkek Garage will be closed for underground utility and site work that will serve the new Engineering and Science Building until Aug. 16. Access will be provided to Alkek and Wood Street Garages. Texas State University, 512.245.2202
EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Half a block of street closed from the alley to N. LBJ for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512.393.8430
LONG TERM ROAD PROJECTS:
- N LBJ: From Holland St. to Camaro Way will be closed to through traffic until the summer of 2017. Road closure will occur during daytime construction hours. City contractor will be replacing utility lines in the area. Through traffic including Emergency Vehicles, will be routed around the project limits; please follow the detours. Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512.393.8130
- VISTA ST.: All lanes in both directions will be closed from 310 – 312 Vista Street for utility construction until July 31, 2018. Texas State University, 512.245.2202
- SESSOM DR: Various lane closures from N. LBJ to Aquarena Springs Dr. will run through January 2018 for road construction. City of San Marcos Engineering/CIP Dept., 512.393.8130
- LP 82/AQUARENA SPRINGS: TxDOT introduced a new traffic signal at the intersection of Post/Bobcat Feb. 15. Traffic will detour to the new signal until Spring 2018. TxDOT, 512.393.8130
- WOODS ST: A segment of Woods Street between Comanche and North Street will be closed during construction of the new Texas State University Engineering & Science Building until Aug. 2018. Project Manager Scott Rouse, 512.245.2202.