Movie News

News > Entertainment > Movie News > Judge lets 'X-Men' director's accuser drop lawsuit

Judge lets 'X-Men' director's accuser drop lawsuit

HONOLULU (AP) — A federal judge in Hawaii is allowing a former child model to dismiss a lawsuit that accused "X-Men" director Bryan Singer of sex abuse. Wednesday's ruling gives Michael Egan III the option to re-file the lawsuit. Singer wanted the case dismissed with prejudice, with attorney costs and fees imposed against Egan. U.S. District Judge Susan Oki Mollway denied Singer's request, ruling he didn't prove that Egan's voluntary dismissal of the case would damage the director's reputation. Egan has said in court documents that he wants to dismiss the case not because it lacks merit but because he can't find an attorney to represent him. Egan's former attorneys asked to be removed from the case after their relationship with him deteriorated. Egan previously dropped three similar lawsuits against other entertainment figures.

Movie News

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — The director of "Ida," the Polish movie that won this year's Oscar for best foreign film,...
TANGIERS, Morocco (AP) — Morocco saw a six-fold increase in the amount of money foreign film companies spent in...
TANGIERS, Morocco (AP) — The head of Morocco's film commission says 2014 was a record year for foreign companies...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Leonard Nimoy, who died Friday at age 83, likely had the most famous lobes in Hollywood. As the...
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A young Mexican's fascination with Harry Potter has grown into the world's biggest private...