Music News

News > Entertainment > Music News > Conor Oberst dismisses lawsuit against accuser

Conor Oberst dismisses lawsuit against accuser

NEW YORK (AP) — Singer-songwriter Conor Oberst has dropped his federal libel lawsuit against a woman who accused him of sexual assault in online comments. The Bright Eyes singer's attorney filed the notice of voluntary dismissal Friday in New York federal court. The move comes after Oberst's publicist released a statement from the woman that says she falsely accused Oberst to get attention and she apologized. The North Carolina woman made the claims on a website last December, saying that Oberst forced her to have sex after a show 10 years ago in Durham, North Carolina, when she was 16. Oberst filed the libel suit in February. He issued a statement last week saying he accepted the apology and that he looks forward "to happier times as we all move forward with our lives." ___ Online: http://conoroberst.com

Music News

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Grammy-winning singer Pharrell Williams says he wasn't trying to copy the late Marvin Gaye's...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A proposal to make "Hang On Sloopy" Ohio's official rock song has struck the right note with...
NEW YORK (AP) — Entertainment industry executive David Geffen has donated $100 million to New York's Lincoln...
NEW YORK (AP) — Entertainment industry executive David Geffen has donated $100 million to New York's Lincoln...
NEW YORK (AP) — People recognize Laura Benanti on the street these days. They just don't know why. "They'll be...