Task Force arrests Austin Pastor charged with sexual assault of child in Nueces and Hays counties
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrested Ruben Garcia, 59, of Buda, this afternoon in the 500 block of Torrington St., in Buda. Garcia was the subject of an arrest warrant following an investigation by the Nueces County Sheriff’s Office, in Corpus Christi, Texas in late 2015. Warrants were secured in April of this year resulting in Garcia being charged with Sexual Assault of a Child.
Task Force Officers determined that an additional warrant was issued pursuant to a Hays County Grand Jury indictment based upon allegations resulting in a three (3) count-indictment; 2-Counts of Sexual Assault of a Child, and 1-Count of Indecency with a Child by Sexual Contact. This indictment was based upon an investigation undertaken in early 2016.
Task Force Officers established surveillance at Betania Baptist Church, 1117 Tillery St., in Southeast Austin where Garcia is an Associate Pastor in addition to his residence. Officers identified Garcia in Buda, effecting his arrest without incident.
“We would urge anyone having reason to believe their child or children may have been encountered inappropriately to contact their local law enforcement agency”.
Garcia was remanded to the custody of the Hays County Sheriff pending further appearances. Bonds totaling $300,000 have been set by both jurisdictions.
Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in Austin –
- Austin Police Department-Tactical Intelligence Unit
- Buda, Cedar Park, Kyle, Leander, San Marcos Police Department
- Travis, Williamson, Caldwell, Hays and Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office
- Texas Attorney General’s Office
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice OIG
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement
- U.S. DHS/Homeland Security Investigations
- U.S. Marshals Service