Cetrified teachers working as Substitutes and or Teaching assistants working for Austin ISD can now earn up to $210 a day.
AISD officals say the pay bump will start next Monday, November 16th.
Rates of Pay
Beginning November 16, 2020, the base rate of pay for substitute teachers will be:
- $150 a day for Permanent Teacher Substitutes at underperforming schools
- $135 a day for Certified Substitute Teachers
- $125 for Degreed Substitute Teachers
- $115 for Substitutes Teachers with 60+ College Hours
The base rate of pay for substitute teacher assistants will be:
- $115 a day for Permanent Teacher Assistant Substitutes at underperforming schools
- $105 a day for Certified Substitute Teacher Assistants
- $100 for Degreed Substitute Teacher Assistants
- $95 for Substitute Teacher Assistants with 60+ College Hours
- $85 for Substitute Teacher Assistants with a High School diploma/GED
This base rate increase, along with the district’s competitive incentives, mean that substitute teachers in AISD who work regularly can earn up to $210 a day.