The City of Austin is offering more relief Tuesday for people who have been impacted by the winter storm. Food, water, shower, and more will be made available across Austin and Travis County.
Distribution will be conducted at the following sites:
- Lakeline Station, 13625 Lyndhurst Blvd.
- Nelson Field, 7105 Berkman Drive
- Roy G. Guerrero Park, 400 Grove Blvd.
- Garrison Park, 6601 Menchaca Rd.
- Onion Creek Soccer Complex, 5600 E. William Cannon Dr.
- ACC Pinnacle Camps, 7748 US-290
- Manor Distribution Site, Corner of Lockwood Road and Blake Manor Road, Manor TX 78653 ***Distribution in Manor begins at 11 a.m.***
- Lago Vista City Hall, 5803 Thunderbird, Lago Vista, TX 78645
- Village of Point Venture Offices, 411 Lohman Ford Road, Leander, TX 78645
- Jones Brothers Park, 10301 Lakeside Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645
Each pick up will include one case of water. If you are driving a vehicle, the city asks that you have your trunk open or have your doors unlocked so that volunteers can place water in your vehicle.
10,000 meals will be distributed Tuesday to portions of the community. 5000 meals will be given to the Millennium Complex at 1156 Hargrave Street. 2500 meals will be given to individuals, and 2500 will be given to local community groups.
Food distribution at the Millennium Complex will run through 6:00 p.m.
City of Austin Food Policy Manager Edwin Marty said the city and county partnered with numerous organizations in the last couple of days, primarily with the Red Cross, and had been able to secure emergency meals.
SHOWER AND LAUNDRY RESOURCES
Through the Austin Disaster Relief Network, the following locations will open Tuesday for those in need of showers and laundry units. Per the city: residents MUST sign up in advance through ADRN.org for a designated time slot before arriving at the locations
- Northwest Austin: City Reach Church (3502 Hatch Road, Cedar Park 78623)
- Southwest Austin: Austin Oaks Church (4220 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Austin 78749)
- Southeast Austin: Shoreline Church – South Campus (2008 Brandt Rd., Austin 78744)
- Northeast Austin: Our Savior Lutheran Church (1513 East Yager Lane, Austin 78756)
People accessing these services will need to bring their own towels, soap, and shampoo for showers, and provide laundry detergent to use the facilities.
For more information visit ADRN by clicking the link.
The Development Services Department has established a webpage for emergency repairs information (www.austintexas.gov/page/emergency-repairs).
There are also other community-based organizations that have offered help in dealing with those repairs:
Austin Disaster Relief Network and other Texas organizations are collaborating with the counties of Bastrop, Hays, and Williamson to include the cities of Austin and Round Rock in a massive cleanup effort. This effort began Monday and residents in those areas can call the crisis clean up toll free number – 1-800-329-8052 – for assistance in clearing their homes and removing debris.
The “Crisis Clean Up” line will operate Monday-Saturday, 9 am – 8 pm, and Sunday, 1 pm – 6 pm. Homeowners can register for assistance through the “Crisis Clean Up” number until Tuesday, March 2.
For Austin Resource Recovery customers wishing to remove large tree limbs, please cut tree limbs to any size between 5 feet to 15 feet in length and stack them at the curb no higher than 4 feet. Call 3-1-1 to schedule a storm debris collection.