The Todd and Don Blog
Leander ISD to Consider Changing School Start Times
Sep. 05, 2019
- Leander ISD is considering a change when it comes to class starting times
- The consideration is partly due to traffic and construction issues surrounding some of its schools
- Along with construction projects on Ranch to Market Road 620 and Ranch to Market Road 2222, Leander ISD is also adding about 1,000 students each year
- At the Leander ISD board of trustees meeting tonight, a committee, comprised of administrators, board members and others, will present possible changes to help students get to school on time
- One way to alleviate congestion and tardiness would be to change bell schedules for the district
- Currently, the schools follow these start and finish times:
- Elementary school: 7:45 a.m.-2:50 p.m.
- Middle school: 8:55 a.m.-4:05 p.m.
- High school: 8:40 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
- The change in bell schedules could also mean more hours for bus drivers as they could go from a two route a day schedule to a three route a day schedule
- The committee is set to speak with parents and schools to find out if changes could work and will make final recommendations
(Photo by: Shutterstock)