The Todd and Don Blog
The Right to Return, Updates on Amazon, and Parkland Deputies Told Not to go In | March 9th, 2018
Hour one of the Todd and Don Show:
• City Council wants to put through a proposal, the Right to Return Policy, to help people buy homes for people who were pushed out due to gentrification. The city’s Institutional Racism and Systemic Inequities Task Force is behind this move.
• President Donald Trump has agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
• Home Depot pledges $50 million to train 20,000 skilled laborers, especially military veterans wanted
Hour two of the Todd and Don Show:
• HIGHLIGHT: With SXSW in town, the amount of APD officers has become a cause for concern. Kerry Roberts- Greater Austin Crime Division- calls in to talk about Austin’s plan to increase police hiring
• Dubai is staffing a police station with robotic cops
• Greg Abbott says Amazon execs have come to town to talk with Austin and Dallas leaders to decide if they will create a headquarters here
Hour three of the Todd and Don Show:
• Toys ‘R’ Us are planning to liquidate stores. They are going to close 180 stores and are in debt $5 Billion.
• Deputies were told to set up ‘perimeter’ around Parkland shooting
• UNDER THE COVERS: Don’s father, the legendary Cactus Pryor, interviews a young Don and his brother Dayne about the Presidential race in 1968.