Austin Local News
Kurdish fighters told to pull out;Hillary Clinton stirs up 2020 race; Bull Creek fish kill
1. ERDOGAN WARNS KURDISH FIGHTERS TO PULL OUT
The Turkish president says up to 1,300 Syrian Kurdish fighters have yet to vacate a northeastern Syrian area invaded by his troops, hours before a five-day cease-fire is set to expire.
2. HILLARY CLINTON STIRS UP 2020 RACE
The runner-up in the 2016 presidential election casts White House hopeful Tulsi Gabbard as a "Russian asset" and mocks Trump's dealings with a foreign leader.
3. PATS SWARM JETS TO REMAIN UNBEATEN
New England's blitz-happy defense forced Sam Darnold into five turnovers and the Patriots remain undefeated by cruising to a 33-0 victory over the New York Jets.
4. 165 FISH ARE DEAD AND THE CITY OF AUSTIN WILL NOW TEST BULL CREEK FOR E COLI AFTER A WEEKEND SEWAGE SPILL
The city has pumped much of the sewage out of the creek, but water quality needs to be tested. The spill near old Spicewood Springs Road was blamed on people flushing too many disposable wipes.
5. THERE'S A NEW POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE IN DOWN LOOKING TO SHAKE UP THE CITY COUNCIL
Documents from the City of Austin show the new PAC, called Our Town Austin, is focused on removing several council members and the mayor from office. The group is targeting Mayor Steve Adler and council members Natasha Harper Madison, Pio Renteria, Ann Kitchen, Paige Ellis, and Kathie Tovo. So far calls to the group for comment haven't been returned.