Texas Woman Eats Raw Oysters; Dies from Flesh-eating Bacteria
A Texas woman lost her battle to stay alive after 21 days in the hospital with an infection because she ate raw oysters.
Jeannette LeBlanc ate the raw oysters in Louisiana in September.
Within 36 hours, she had a rash and could hardly breathe. Doctors diagnosed her with vibriosis.
The condition can occur after someone eats under-cooked or raw seafood, especially oysters.
LeBlanc never recovered and died on October 15th.
Her partner is now trying to raise awareness in LeBlanc's memory.