Kyle Police Department Now Offering Online Reporting

Kyle police cruiser

The Kyle Police Department will now be offering online police reporting for residents within the City of Kyle.

According to Kyle PD, the Desk Officer Reporting System is a secure online reporting system used to submit police reports for minor offenses and non-emergency crimes. The software is accessible on any web browser from any computer or mobile device, and is available to residents and businesses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

“We are excited to be able bring online police reporting as another way for our community to access our services,” said Dr. Jeff Barnett, Chief of Police. “This initiative showcases our unwavering dedication to providing excellent public service through innovative means.”

The following incident types are allowed online:

  • Burglary of motor vehicle
  • Child custody disputes
  • Credit/debit card abuse
  • Damaged property
  • Fraud
  • Harassment
  • Identity theft
  • Illegal dumping
  • Lost property
  • Theft
  • Mail theft (private mailboxes or porch pirate, no community mailboxes)
  • Theft of service
  • Theft shoplifting
  • Threats
  • Criminal trespass

The following are NOT allowed to be reported online:

  • Theft over $2,500.00
  • Theft with force (robbery)
  • Lost or stolen prescription medications
  • Lost or stolen law enforcement equipment
  • Lost or stolen state registered property (drivers license, license plates, theft of MV)
  • Lost or stolen guns

Once an online report has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the Kyle Police Department and a case number will be emailed to the individual. You are then able to request a copy of your police report online.

If additional information is needed, a patrol officer or detective may contact the individual before further investigation. All online reports filed will be addressed in a timely manner and will follow the same investigative process as in-person reports.

Crimes that are currently in progress or pose an immediate threat should be reported by calling 9-1-1.

Share this Posts

Related Posts